Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Update

Dear Friends and Family in Ministry,

My daughter, Tiffany , emailed me a letter this week. She has been in the states for almost three years now. She, along with her husband, M'lin are preparing for their work as full time missionaries (you can view their updates at http://www.tifandmlin.blogspot.com/). She said something in this letter that struck me to the core. She said, "Dad, I feel disconnected from the ministry. If I was a supporter, I would quit." You see, one of my weaknesses is communication. I'm a dad. I work. I know Tiffany knows how much I love her, I know how much she loves the work we do here in Haiti, and I know God used her to show me what needs to be done. God spoke to me at the beginning of this year, "new life, new color" for this ministry (not a new vision, just "new life" in the vision), one of the things I now know we need to do better to bring this "new life and new color" is much better communication with all those who are part of this ministry.
Oh, I love to share with people what Father is doing in our ministry. But for me, I have to be sitting with you and just talking. I'm not a writer, but if you came to our home in Haiti it would be easy for you to see the love we have for the people God has called us to serve and love on. Or, if I could come and sit in your living room and just share my heart, I could introduce you to the 27 boys in our children's home and you could see and hear that they are no longer orphans but sons. You could see spiritually that the hope for Haiti is for these boys to fulfill the vision God has planted in our hearts. The hope for Haiti is that these boys will take their place as fathers, as our vision is to raise up a generation of godly fathers.
You would see the church we planted 8 years ago, now full of life and relationships. You can see the 26 beautiful little children of Grace Children Adoption Home, who we love on and care for as their parents await their arrival. You could see the 250 children at Grace Christian School who are changing their lives through education and the provision of one meal a day. You can walk the dirty muddy streets of Gris Gris (a community in Port de Paix) where we live. And through the muck and the mire you could see the relationships we have our neighbors. But, trying to write this up and explain it to you is hard for me (Keith). But God doesn't like my excuses. Thank you for your patience and support during this time. I am working on my communication, now more than ever. (I don't want to lose Tiffany's support.) I'm going to strive to bring you the heart of our ministry which is raising up a family, a generation of Fathers, both physically and spiritually; to bring the concept of family and commitment to Haiti, through whatever it takes, robberies, poverty, hunger, through any circumstance of the world that would try to stop us.

We are committed to this vision! Our commitment to stay and your commitment to send us is showing them relationship is not based on circumstance but on the love of Father God and on our calling to obedience. Obedience brings blessings.

Our commitment to you is that we will do better at communication through our web page (http://www.lfmintl.com/) through our emails from our office@lfmintl.com address and through our blog at http://www.keithncindy.blogspot.com/ . We want to hear from you too!


In the Father's Hand,


Keith & Cindy

No comments: